Discussion Board

Thread: Dynamic menu

Dynamic menu

Can anyone explain why DynInitMenuPaneL() does not call back? I am using S60 V2.1.4

Does anyone have the same problem?

Nokia Developer Moderator
    where have you defined it and how ?

Also have you put a breakpoint to the start of the function and really verified that it wont be ever called, or just observed that your logic doesn't get executed as you expected ?

yucca

Hi Yucca,

I used the S60 Application Wizard and created an app based on the S60 view-architecture. Then I found the DynInitMenuPaneL(), generated by the wizard, in the UI class does not get called when the left softkey is pressed. I noticed that this function works if don't use the view-architecture.

The difference is that, in the S60 view-architecture, there is a layer of view class in the class diagram between the UI class and the container class. I don't understand why.

I also noticed that the developer liuajie had the similiar problem, and he figured it out but did not post his solution.

I appreciate your help.

Dan

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hmmm. i usually get really mad in the first minute with the applications made with wisards, usually they require more modifications and cosume more time than just starting without them. So usually I don't bother using them at all.

Anyway, I suppose it could be something to do with the base classes from which the AppUi etc are derived from. You could maybe have a look into the example illustrating dynamic menu's and see what is made differently.

yucca