Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Running Application on UIQ 21 SDK and Symbian

Hi
    I am try to run application(java and C++) on UIQ 2.1 SDK,but its given an error.can anybody tell me how can i run application on UIQ 21. SDK.

and one more thing if i am run application on Series 60 SDK for Symbian OS and run application on UIQ 2.1 SDK,what is the difference or both are same.

Whether Series 60 SDK for Symbian contain Symbian OS.

Anupam Sharma

Nokia Developer Champion
    Hi,

it is hard to answer, you must be more specific when describing error.

It is not a problem to have installed both UIQ and Series 60 SDKs. I have them.

Bye
    STeN

Super Contributor
    Hi Anupam ..
    If u r trying to run the same code on Series 60 and UIQ , ofcourse there might be errors ...U have to check for the classes specific to series 60 or UIQ as the case may be.

As stenlik said it wud be better to give the description of error ...

Basically Symbian OS is the base and Series 60 and UIQ are just the different GUI systems.

Amit

Regular Contributor
    Its given error at abld build winscw udeb @UIQ_21:com.symbian.UIQ

Error is

make -r -f "\Symbian\UIQ_21\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\UIQ_21\UIQEXAMPLES\HELLOWORL
    \EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    othing to do
    \WINSCW.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    erl -S makmake.pl -D \SYMBIAN\UIQ_21\UIQEXAMPLES\HELLOWORLD\HELLOWORLD WINSCW
    RROR: Unable to identify a valid CodeWarrior for Symbian OS installation
    ake: *** [MAKEFILEHELLOWORLD] Error 255
    \WINSCW.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    ake -s -r -f "\Symbian\UIQ_21\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\UIQ_21\UIQEXAMPLES\HELLOWOR
    D\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" LIBRARY
    ake[1]: \Symbian\UIQ_21\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\UIQ_21\UIQEXAMPLES\HELLOWORLD\HELL
    WORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW: No such file or directory
    ake[1]: *** No rule to make target `\Symbian\UIQ_21\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\UIQ_21
    UIQEXAMPLES\HELLOWORLD\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW'. Stop.
    ake: *** [LIBRARYHELLOWORLD] Error 2
    \WINSCW.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    D\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    ake: *** [RESOURCEHELLOWORLD] Error 2
    \WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    D\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" UDEB
    ake: *** [TARGETHELLOWORLD] Error 2
    \WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s

Super Contributor
    From your query , i can make out that u r new into this field ..

First understand the Symbian OS...

It is just an operating system.

Now u can write programs in different languages which can run on this operating system ..Java and C++ being popular among that...

UIQ,Series 60,Series 90 etc are the GUI systems when u program in Symbian C++.

i.e. If u r developing for Symbian opeating system using Symbian C++ , u can select the target platform (Series 60,Series 90 or UIQ) ...
    The SDK which u install( either for Series 60 or UIQ) will help u compile and build programs written using Series 60 or UIQ libraries ( as the case may be ).

If u want to develop something in Java(Say Hello World Program) ,
    then u have to develop it using Java only( J2ME in this case) and u need a compiler for that ( which is not the Series 60 SDK or UIQ SDK ).
    Wireless Toolkit from SUN is good for J2ME development ...

Now the last thing .. how r u compiling the code ...?? I think through Command Line only ....then go to the UIQ SDK documentation .It has got the detailed process of how to compile and Build the code for UIQ.
    If u r using some IDE , then it becomes even more easy ...

I hope it answers ur questions .. If u still have any doubts .. u can always post them here ....