×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    14

    Installation of MIDlet failes on Nokia 6600 Invalid Manifest

    Hello All,
    I have developed a MIDlet for my company that currently runs on Motorola phones. They want it to be able to port to non-Motorola phones, and the first one they got me is the Nokia 6600.

    When installing the app using the PC Suite For Nokia 6600 application, and an IR link, the entire JAR file seems to get transferred, and then I get an "Invalid Manifest" error.

    I am using jBuilder X to create the Jad, and Jar files.

    If anyone has a solution, I would really appreciate it.

    Lance

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    14
    Hello again.
    I have a little additional info. I have redone all my paths, and removed all the spaces. I used jBuilderX to create the JAD, and JAR Files.

    In the Emulator (Series_60_MIDP_SDK_2_1_Beta) I see the following warning:
    WARNING: JAD file and JAR manifest have differing values for attribute MIDlet-1
    The midlet then starts normally in the emulator.

    I checked the Manifest File in the JAR, and the MIDLet-1 Line has been wrapped with a \n followed by a space. I manually edited the file, but it still comes up with the same "Invalid Manifest" when installing to the actual phone.

    If anyone has any ideas as to the problem, I would be very appreciative!

    Thanks
    Lance

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    14
    Am I the only one to ever have experienced this? Is there any Nokia Documentation on the manifest files, and the correct structure of them?


    Thanks
    Lance

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bremen, Germany
    Posts
    106
    Hi lancew,

    you could try J2ME Polish for building the appropriate JAR and JADs. Since it is based on Ant, it integrates nicely with JBuilder. Also it does not wrap any class-names within the manifest.

    http://www.j2mepolish.org
    http://www.j2mepolish.org/docs/install.html#jbuilder

    Best regards,
    Robert

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6
    Lance, did you ever get a solution to this? I have the exact same problem.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    14
    I did find a solution. It was the version number I was using. I had it set to 1.1e because that is what the application that runs on the PC, and does the same thing is versioned at. I changed it to 1.1 and that did the trick.

    I don't know if this is the same situation as yours, but that's what did it for me.

    If not, check all the values in the JAD, including file size.

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    79
    According to specification, attributes MIDlet-Name, MIDlet-Vendor, MIDlet-Version must be the same in jad and manifest.
    To make sure I make value of attribute MIDlet-1 the same too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×