Discussion Board

Thread: image resize

image resize

Dear users I hope someone can please help me.
    i have made a chessboard reperentation on the screen, i can put pictures of chess pieces on it but the pictures are to big, is it possible to resize them, so that they fit the allacoted square

Hi

The MIDP1.0 and MIDP2.0 specifications do not have any methods for resizing bitmaps. Anyway you will properly get the best result by doing the resizing in a proper image editor.

BR
    Einheriar

thank you einheriar

if that is the case, I have one more question, if that’s not too much trouble. I would like to make to program compatible such that it can be played on any device would this mean I have resize the image to the specific size for each display?

Yes you will have to modify the images for the given screen size.

If you want your game to be optimal then I would say you will have to use bitmap graphics(images), and that will mean that you will need different graphics for different screen sizes.

If you on the other side can live with that your chessboard and chess pieces is drawn using simple line drawing and fill methods, then you can ask for the handset screen size and based on that modify the graphics.

BR
    Einheriar

Einheria, thank you, thank you!