Discussion Board

Using PC Connectivity SDK 2.1/3.0 with Nokia 6600

Hi.

I am trying to use the PC Connectivity SDK 3.0 with Nokia 6600 but strangely the samples given in the samples directly dont detect the phone. All of them report that the Phone is not connected.

I am using Bluetooth USB Adapter to connect the Nokia 6600 with my PC.

Can someone help out.

bye
    Deepak

Did you connect your phone using Nokia Connection Manager (you'll find it in the systray, next to the clock) before running the sampels?

djorkan

I tried the connection manager to detect my phone but it is not working as well.

When i click on the Bluetooth Connection Button, i do reieve notification on my mobile as to whether accept the connection or not but nothing happens after that on the connection manager i.e it still says no phone connected.

I also tried the serial port connection wherein i specified the virtual COM port number as shown by the bluetooth software running on PC, but that too did not help..!!

Can you please help out.

-Deepak

I got the exact same problem with my 6600...
    Except that I can't get the bluetooth-button to work - it just says that it can't find the media type (?)

I have no problem using a serial connection with PC Suite, but when i try to locate the phone using Nokia Connection Manager, it breaks the bluetooth connection (?), says no phone is available, and then seconds later reconnects the phone to the comport...? Strange!

I use a Billionton USB Adapter/Dongle with the lastest Widcomm-drivers, but no luck on either Win XP Pro and Win 2000 Pro with latest updates and SPs...

djorkan.

I have been able to get my phone detected by the Nokia Connection Manager via the Bluetooth Interface.

But still the sample applications given along with the Nokia PC Connectivity SDK 3.0 are still giving the same error viz. Phone not connected.

Let me elaborate more on the type of application i am trying to code here. We are trying to build an application wherein we will be able to recieve Videos from the CellPhone over the Bluetooth and then process it and send back some data to the cell phone again over the bluetooth. Did you do something similar ... if yes your help in this regard will be highly appreciated. I was going through the README given in the sample directory of the Nokia PC Connectivity SDK , but even there no such example is given which will exchange multimedia data between the cellphone and the PC.

bye
    Deepak