Discussion Board

5510 and long music files

Hi,

My question is about the Nokia 5510 and the ability to store large/long music files on the 64Mb internally.

It seems that if I upload a DJ mix that is over 1 hour long (e.g. 2 hours on a low bit rate (64kps->56Mb) I will stop hearing music at 69:45 minutes. The music counter will continue but the music is not being heard anymore. If I encode the mp3 at a lower bit rate (48kps->42Mb file) then I'll hear more of it. The music then stops at 93:12 minutes. If I try to rewind to "the good" part, then it'll behave erratically, some times rewinding with great leaps ahead ! and back again. But still then I cant get any sound out of it, unless I skip to the next song. Nokia Audio Manager can play the song correctly all the way when they have been converted to .lse .

My question, is this a known problem, or is my 5510 faulty? Can anyone recreate this problem? I have tried this on multiple pc's so I figure there must be something wrong with the 5510.

RE: 5510 and long music files

Dear friend,
    I am using Nokia 5510 and it was working fine. I downloaded MP3 music and transferred to the device successfully. After that I tried to erase the contents of the media using Format Media button shown in Nokia Audio Manager (NAM). It asked for a confirmation and after that a message is displayed showing the contents erased successfully. But, in the phone its still showing that 40Mb space is still used. I am using the Windows 2000 Operating System. I am totally confused with NAM. How to resolve this issue? so that I can utilize the entire 64Mb fully. Please advise.

Arun.S
    arunpvs@rediffmail.com