Discussion Board

Application with RMS

I recently tried coding a simple application that enables user to store and retrieve data in the emulator. While it worked, i'd just like to know where exactly are the data that the user keyed in the simulator stored?? I read a book and they said it should automatically create a directory call NOJAM. For example c:\WTK21\apps\<app name>\NOJAM. But i can't find it.

Super Contributor
    please make sure that u r searching the correct path..coz if u have the emulator in the foder of the IDE..like in my case it is..
    C:\Sun\studio5_me\emulator\wtk21..then u will find yur database also to be here..please check
    ciao

I've found it. Thanx. I'd just like to know another thing.

If this app is deployed into a real phone, is there a way for users to find the database and delete it? Or is it the only way to access and delete the database is through the coding itself?

Super Contributor
    well for all my money u cant do a thing with the database using the j2me application as it wont let u do anything outside the midlet...but yes if u use Symbian C++ then not only can u access the database but u can also modify/delete the database.
    ciao