Discussion Board

EPOC.EXE trying to work in winscw directory

Hi everybody

I have installed Symbian SDK for Series 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1 and the default devices is @series60_v2_1:com.nokia.series60 .....

I am trying to start epoc.exe and it gives a error message

"C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\epoc.exe" not found.

I am trying to change the EPOCROOT by "set" command but it does not change the "winscw\udeb\epoc.exe" especialy winscw. I am using VC++ and Borland C++BuilderX, I want to start "epoc.exe" under wins or winsb ... if anybody can help me I would be very pleased.

Erdem NOYAN

Hi Erdem,

The default epoc.bat (which is what's called when you type "epoc") runs a winscw udeb epoc by default. If you want to run a wins epoc for example, then you can either change epoc.pl (in epoc32\tools\epoc.pl) or run "epoc -wins" from the command line.

The winscw emulator that is trying to run is the codewarrior version that is presumerably shipped with the CW version of S60 2.1, because it doesn't exist in Borland/VC++ version that I have installed

Type "epoc -h" from the command line for further help with launching an emulator.

Cheers,

Steve