Discussion Board

5140 3.10: Language in adding words to T9

Nokia 5140, V 3.10 14-06-04, purchased in Ukraine, SIM card is of UMC (MCC 255, MNC 01).

Phone language is set to English, default writing language is set to English.
    Writing text (simple) message mode, writing language is set to Russian via local Options menu, Distionary is on. If I try to spell a new word to dictionary, phone types the word in English instead of Russian. Seams like it gets input language from global default writing language, rather than from locally selected writing language, while adding a new word to T9 dictionary.

Is there any new firmware version with this issue fixed, or would it be fixed later, or am I doing something wrong?

Most language packages do not have T9 dictionary for every UI language.

For example the Russian language package for 3660 includes English, Russian and German as UI languages, but T9 dictionaries only for English and German. Unfortunately this seems to be the case on 5140 too.

I'm not aware of any Nokia model to support Russian T9 dictionary. If someone knows better, please let us know.

It has Russian dictionary. The problem is that it switches to incorrect input mode in described case. It works fine if I set default input panguage into Russian, but I do not want to (I like my phone book to be in English).

In that case there's probably a bug in the phone firmware.

You'd better contact Your local Service Point to find out whether there is an update available. They should have the information of which issues has been addressed in the updates.

Hopefully the upgrade will solve Your problem.