Discussion Board

All mobile users pay attention ?

Hi,
    I get this mail from my friend about all mobiles.Please let me know is this true or false...

****** mail content ******
    All mobile users pay attention if you receive a phone call and your mobile phone displays ( ACE ) on
    the screen don't answer the call END THE CALL IMMEDIATELY if you answer the call, your phone
    will be infected by a virus. This virus will erase all IMEI and IMSI information from both your phone
    and your SIM card, which will make your phone unable to connect with the telephone network. You
    will have to buy a new phone. This information has been confirmed by both Motorola and Nokia.
    There are over 3 Million mobile phones being infected by this virus in USA now. you can also check this
    news in the CNN web site. PLEASE FORWARD THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION TO ALL YOUR
    FRIENDS.

Super Contributor
    has anyone been able to figure out the cause of the same..is it a bug in the system of motorola and nokia which is being exploited or its something which effects all mobile phones across platforms..and companies?
    ciao

i have found this page

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99320.htm

I am not sure this is true or false.
    answer can be only given by mobile experts.

thanks
    bhpr

hello,

did any body find any news, info on this please write in here.

thanks in adv.

Super Contributor
    i think on the j2me applications it would be tough for the virus to break into the native system coz the midlet will act as the sandbox..but yes if it gets in on a native program then it might be able to effect the system..more details can only be confirmed by nokia experts who it seems are sleeping on this forum..
    ciao