Discussion Board

Thread: 6600 Streaming

6600 Streaming

does anyone know how to get the streaming capability information on a 6600 device?

i want to provide some streaming content (.3gp) on a helix server, but i don't know how good could my streaming content be. Here "how good" means what's the resolution, bit rate...etc.

i had tried serveral resolution & bit rate combination, but my 6600 device was just not working, please help me out.

sincerely

Tell me the exact configuration of the tests you tried. Have you tried with .rm format under Helix ?
    Cheers

where did you install the helix server?

I have tested helix server,but nokia6600 can not access the content, it got some clip information such as totol time and if there is audio or video stream in the content .but it can't play.I checked the helix log record,there is no error.I have test another stream server-envivio, and only got the same result except that the log report 554 error,that means gateway timeout. I have install the server behind a wap gateway,but it failed!

Which bandwidth do you use for the video stream ? What do you use to encode the video ? (e.g. Helix Producer ?) ?
    Have you been looking at the Helix server monitor while trying to access the video with the phone ? What does it show ?

Let me know
    ciao

I've been having similar problems too.

I'm using Darwin Streaming Server. I convert clips to 3gp using Quick Time Pro (with streaming options checked). I've tried bit rates as low as 13kbps.

The clips stream fine to PCs.

When I try to view the clip on my 6600, I see a connecting then loading pop-up message box then get thrown back to the real one player screen (movie does not start playing) - the logs for DSS show success, c-stat 200.

I do see the duration of the clip (12s) and can see clip details. When I try to play it again (options -> play), the same thing happens.

This happens whether I encode my clips with h263, mpeg4 or 3gp settings.

I am able to view streaming videos off another streaming server not set up by me.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right directions to getting my clips to work on the 6600?

All comments appreciated,
    Lee.

I did manage successfully to play a RealMedia stream ..... try to download the latest Helix Real Player for 6600 and try with it.

Let me know

Darwin Streaming Server & Quick Time Pro

Anyone had any luck getting .3gp video clips streamed to a mobile phone over GPRS using the Darwin Streaming Server?

Don't mind PMs or emails too.

Thanks!
    Lee.

No luck here either, exact same behaviour you described. I am using 3gp clips encoded in Helix Mobile Producer. So I guess there is a problem with Darwin server and 6600. I am trying to get hands on with some other phone to see if it is phone related.

Hi, just to let you know: I tried with Nokia 7600 also, no better result. I can see code 200 in Darwin access log but terminal displays an error message and video wouldn't show.

I have ever using Dariwn & QuickTimePro to do that....

I use Darwin as a streaming server.
    I use QuickTimePro to produce 3gp files(with streaming options).

It could work fine with 6600 BEFORE; I do it as a demo show for a operator.

That is a point: I use a html/wml page to RTSP the file. I make a simply html/wml file with the <tag> as <a href="rtsp://test.test.test/1.3gp">1</a>. I have no idea why 6600 can not play 3gp streaming file directly by input rtsp path.

I am trying again.....but it can not work NOW.

I do not know where difference is. I can not play 3gp streaming files now. I am afraid that is due to the edition of Darwin or the setting of server; I use a all new server, not the old ones.

Could any one kindly give us a help?

Thanks,

6600 Realplayer

It's the realplayer software on the 6600 that do not allow streaming from anything else than a realserver (helix) If you serve the streaming from a darwin server, nothing happends because of the realplayer on 6600

I guess that this has something to do with the browser/ software war going on. And it sucks

Hi ttwpaisley,

I have ever play 3gp file(made by QuickTime Player) on Darwin; I did it for local Telco show.

My 6600 is traditional chinese edit.

Would you please give me more information?

Thanks,

My NEW exprences is:

1. Darwin KNOW someone is try to get data.
    2. My 6600 will show bandwitdh is not enough.....useless information.
    Last edited by EricOffice; 2004-11-25 at 02:03.

streaming on 6600 from darwin

yes, darwin server knows that there is a request for data, but the realplayer on your 6600 does not want to deliver the stream on the phone as it is not hosted on a real(helix) server. Thats my expirience.

Info about not having enough bandwidt means that the stream that you encoded might have been encoded/ prepared for streaming > 28 kbps. Try settings for approx. 20 kbps and framerate = 4. It might help.

Thank ttwpaisley a lot,

After I smaller my 3gp:

I do not get error messages now; I get error message before.
    I put some a href <TAG> in a html file and use Nokia 6600 to open the html file.

1.Realplayer will be called.
    2.It knows where my 3gp files are.
    3.No any error messages.

But, I click the paly icon and get nothing.

I still can not play streaming file on Nokia 6600 on Darwin.

Could anyone kindly give me the information about that?

Thanks,

PS. It is very funny: apple use thee picture of Nokia 6600 to demo 3gpp solution.

http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/3gpp/
    Last edited by EricOffice; 2004-11-25 at 09:49.

Link to 3GPP file within a RAM file fails

The opera browser within the nokia 6600 doesn't accept links to "rtsp://..".

So, the normal way to link to a stream is using a RAM-File containing the rtsp-path and linking to that RAM file.

Unfortuneatly the real player doesn't seem to accept links to 3GPG files within the RAM file. The same behaviour occurs as stated above from irwinlee: The player gets the stream length and stream name, but doesn't play.

A similiar behaviour occurs with the real player on the PC: when calling the RAM file (with a link to the 3GPP files) the player does not play the stream (error message occurs). Opening the 3GPP stream directly by using the RTSP path everything is fine.

Is there anyone having the the same problem? How to link to a 3GPP stream correctly?