Discussion Board

Having problem in launching SmsViewer.app, MmsViewer.app, MsgMailViewer.app

Hi,
    I got problem in launching SmsViewer.app, MmsViewer.app, MsgMailViewer.app in 7650, as I guess these programs are related to the messaging program, mce.app.
    In my application, i can launch to-do, messaging or other applications successfully, except the above three, do I need to provide parameter information to messaging applicaton before I can launch these applications within my application?
    Besides this, any parameter information for calendar application to create new entry, cross out entry or change the date of an entry?
    Thx
    Henry

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Having problem in launching SmsViewer.app, MmsViewer.app, MsgMailViewer.app

Hi,

You did not state the way you have tried to launch such applications. Anyway, if StartApp() is what you used, then it is not applied to view application (kind of static interface dll), instead use CCoeAppUi::ActivateViewL() function for this purpose (see SDK's Help for description). Unfortunately, we cannot disclose the UIds of those .apps in this discussion board, should you use the fee-based support channel to provide us with your need and status of the project, since currently the above mention information is only granted to selected projects.

Regards,
    FN Developer Support

RE: Having problem in launching SmsViewer.app, MmsViewer.app, MsgMailViewer.app

Hi,

as support stated, those applications can't be launched directly. However, you can view a message (I assume, that's what you're trying to do) by using ViewL method of the appropriate UI MTM. UI MTMs can open correct viewer with correct parameters. Refer to messaging documentation for more information.