I work in Recruiting for Philips. Although I work in the United States I am looking for candidates for some of our vacancies in Europe. Philips Consumer Electronics in Leuven, Belgium is looking for a Systems Architect-Mobile Phones. Mobile Infotainment is one of three Business Groups (BG) within Philips Consumer Electronics. This groups develops and sells mobile phones and mobile audio and video players. We are preferably looking for candidates who are EU citizens, but any qualified applicants can apply.

Description: Responsible for short-term and long-term roadmaps and overall-design of system architecture. Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge on competitor technology and benchmarking. Participate in feasibility project stages (gating process). Involved in product requirement specification, technical feasibility, architecture definition, risk assessment, IPR (patent rights) assessment, work breakdowns and effort estimations.

Requirements: University degree in Electronic Engineering, Software Sciences, or Bachelor level with strong relevant experience. Must have experience in developing portable / mobile devices and knowledge in HW/SW architecture for portable/mobile devices (specific knowledge in mobile phones is a plus). Overall knowledge in the technologies and standards used in a mobile phone: mobile access, connectivity, UI, protocols, A/V processing. The job will be partly based Leuven, Belgium and in Le Mans/Paris with travel to Asia. Good communication and negotiating skills.

If you are interested, please email me at caroline.kho@philips.com. Any recommendations of other newsgroups or associations is greatly appreciated!