Discussion Board

Device Interoperability

I have a Socket Bluetooth CF card (BT1.0b)on HP Jornada 568. I also have Nokia 6310 (BT1.1) and Troy WindPort (BT1.1) PCMCIA Card on my IBM Thinkpad A21m with WindowsXP. None of these Bluetooth devices work with each other using latest drivers available from respective companies. I'm losing my confidence about this new standard. Is there any hope for people like me to see one day these devices actually work together?

Janne Lahteenmaki

RE: Device Interoperability

Janne

Can't offer you any real hope at this stage. I'm very new to Bluetooth myself (only buying my 6310 two weeks ago). However, I have managed to get my Palm to send an SMS and dial via bluetooth on my 6310 (but no connection the otherway). I've managed to set-up a DUN beetween my 6310 & Laptop (with a Toshiba PC Card) although PC Synce doesn't recognise the connection. Todat I managed to get my Palm to hot sync via BT to the Laptop (but couldn't repeat the feat).

So there are some promisisng signs. You never know it may happen.

Ever the optimist!

Martin

Hi, I have also a HP Jornada 568, and I have Nokia 6310 and they doesn't work together pls. help me if you know. I want to kick down my HP and Phone. :-)

Nokia Developer Moderator

One possible reason for your problems might be that the card you are using is complient with the Bluetooth specification v1.0B. Problems may occur during the the authentication process with v1.1 devices.

I haven't got experience in using devices you mentioned in your message.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

OK, I have a iPaq and not an HP, but I do use the Socket card with my 6310. I have upgraded my Socket card to BT1.1 but it worked before it was upgraded. Take a look at my how-to to see if it helps.

http://wirelesssoftware.info/Nokia6310iPaqSocketBT/