Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Apps not found using emulator

Hi,

I am new to symbian.

I tried to compile(followed the Building and running examples in the documentation) the helloworld app to run on the emulator. But I cannot find the icon for the app when i start the emulator.

I checked the
    \Epoc32\Release\wins\udeb\z\system\apps\HELLOWORLD directory exists and helloworld.app file exists within that directory.

I made sure that i compiled for debug version by calling abld build wins udeb. and I started the debug version of the emulator.

Is there some way I can check which path my emulator is looking for default? And how I can change it? Or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion
    With some SDKs/IDEs (some versions of Borland or CW) the app may be located in a folder called 'other' rather than on the main desktop

Hi,

I dont see anything on the screen when the symbian emulator starts up.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion
    are you sure you're running the debug emulator? Are you running it from the command line? if so try it via the emulator.

I tried running it from the command line, i tried running it from the start\programs\symbian 6.1\series60\emulator(debug) menu of windows.

I also tried double clicking epoc.exe directly.

None of these methods seems to be working.

I checked that EPOCROOT is set to \Symbian\6.1\Series60\

and d:\Symbian\6.1\Shared\epoc32\gcc\bin;d:\Symbian\6.1\Shared\epoc32\tools; are there in the path.

I installed Symbian in d:

If I leave the epoc emulator on for a very long time (may be 3- 5 mins) I get a message saying "Program Closed Starter Server!!!"

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks