Discussion Board

Can I install my application software into an image phone?

I want to develop an application software in person. I wonder whether I can install my software into an image mobile phone directly.

In addition, Can I build a very small real wireless network for testing my application in my house?
    Thanks!

Super Contributor
    You can write applications for most modern phones.

For the majority of them you do it by writing small applications called Java midlets (using the Java language). Look for the Nokia Java/MIDP SDK (Software Development Kit) and related info for that.

For some phones you can also write applications using the C++ language. Look for Series 60, Series 80 and Series 90 SDKs for more about that.

You can develop the application on a PC and then transfer the finished program to your phone.

The SDKs for Nokia phones are available in the downloads area heare on Forum Nokia (http://forum.nokia.com/).

And, to put it simply, you can't build a legal cellular wireless network in your house, because the wavelengths are regulated (you need a license from a regulator = government).

Thank Petrib for your detailed reply.

If I want to test an application software about client/servier mode, can you give me an advice?

You guys, can you tell me how much Nokia 6255 is?