Hi everybody,

I am working in symbian for quite a sometime. When we start our new project i faced some problems. The project we working contains about four layers, which are created as individual projects.

All those files are in in vc++ and c.

we need to work only ui and driver layer in Symbian for our project. I created the new project in symbian, and added those projects library files (.lib) in the symbian's Project-> Settings -> Links and also added those header files in preprocessor directives in same settings.

Also added those header files and library files in .mmp of symbian project. When i call a method defined in those projects in the symbian project, i am getting link error. the error is,

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned char __cdecl Method_name(struct usedstructure *)" (?Method_name@@YAEPAUusedstructure@@@Z)
\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\CLIENT\TEST-APPS\SYMBIAN\NETWORK\GROUP\NETWORK\WINS\UREL\NETWORK.APP : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

the following is the directory structure of our project.

project folder -> client

client
(subfolders)
Module1
(subfolders)
PC
test.c
method1()
{
}
test1.c
debug ( folder in PC) contains .lib files
include
test.h
method1();
test1.h
(subfolders)
Module2
(subfolders)
PC
test3.c
test4.c
include
test3.h
test4.h
Module3
(subfolders)
Network(symbian project)
default symbian folders
ui.cpp -> calling method1()

ui.h ......... and other symbian default folders

this is the directory structure of our project. i added the .lib file path in project-> settings of Network (symbian project) as \client\Module1\PC\Debug. and added preprocessor as \client\Module1\include.

Same is repeated for all other modules in our project. the same is added in .mmp file too. can somebody tell me what is wrong and how to proceed. if it is "C" project, i also added "extern" keyword with the particular header in the symbian file. do we have any replacement for extern in symbian.

i dont where the problem is. can someone help me in this regard immediately as it is very urgent.

thanks in advance.

regards,