Discussion Board

Network error -15 after receives

Lo all,

I've got a strange issue that's been plaguing me for a while now. Using sockets, I've gotten a connection set up, and it appears to receive data a few times (using sock.Recv()). However, about the 3rd time I try to receive data, my status is -15, not KErrNone. This is a streaming connection, so I shouldn't be hitting an EOF, and if there's no data, the Recv should block until it can fill my buffer, correct? So why is it dying after a few receives? Could it be an issue with a proxy somehow (I have to make the GET request through a proxy)? Thanks for any help!

Ben

Super Contributor
    I believe that -15 is something like "Bad state", but I don't really know where the problem can be...
    When you hit EOF you should get -25 ...

-15 is KErrServerTerminated, I believe. Which is completely unhelpful - I know the SocketServer gets terminated, what I want to know is why! I'm doing testing with a local server to see if it is an issue with the proxy server - if it's not, then I've got no idea what it could be.

*Edit* Nope, testing with a local server doesn't fix it. Additionally, I should be able to fake the network stuff to the rest of the app by just passing back empty buffers, except that I get a "SocketServer closed" note that pops up that hangs the emulator. This is *after* I've closed the socket, and closed my connection to the "socket server". Can I just take this time to mention that I hate this whole server/active object junk? Synchronous function calls are your friend, really! Arg.
    Last edited by singerb; 2004-08-25 at 12:27.