Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Touch Pen for Nokia 6600?

Hello everybody. I would like to ask you if Nokia 6600 supports touch pen in order for the user to input text easier.

If no does any other Nokia mobile device support touch pen like Palm devices?

Thank you for your time.

Super Contributor
    No (to the 6600 model).

Yes, for others, but...
    ...the 7700 model isn't for sale in general (and won't be).
    ...the Chinese market models like 3108 or 6108 probably won't be of any help/interest.

Regular Contributor
    Thank you petrib.
    Is any specific model of Nokia that you have worked (or experienced) and it supports touch pen like Palms(and what about the quality of writing with pen?)?

If it is possible to send some links.

Regular Contributor
    ya I am also interested to know abt it.

Ankur

Super Contributor
    Is any specific model of Nokia that you have worked (or experienced) and it supports touch pen like Palms
    The 7700 & it works pretty much like PalmOS or PocketPC PDA's in this respect.

Regular Contributor
    >Hello everybody. I would like to ask you if Nokia 6600
    >supports touch pen in order for the user to input text
    >easier.

Would this help?
    www.mobystar.com

Paris.

Regular Contributor
    Thank you Petrib.I really appreciate your advice.However, you wrote to me that the Nokia 7700 model will not be for sale.Is it true?

And something more...
    If you have already written a program using J2ME(for Symbian 7 OS), how can you make it able to run over the Palm OS?(using Java also)

Of course, you will use additional libraries for Palm OS, but the most of the code? Are Palm OS and Symbian OS compatible?

Have you got any links?

Thank you again.

Super Contributor
    If you use strict J2ME (MIDP 1.0 or MIDP 2.0) calls, they should work on any other strict MIDP 1.0 or MIDP 2.0 implementation.

If you use device/platform specific classes (like, for example Nokia Java UI libraries), your code won't, naturally, work on another platform without the same libraries (without you rewriting such code).

I have no experience of PalmOS (except as a Palm/Handspring PDA user) & I don't know about their development tools (Java or otherwise).

As to the 7700, the http://www.nokia.com/phones/7700 page says "Not commercially available. Used only for piloting of mobile media services with key industry partners.". I.e., it is or has been manufactured, but will not be generally sold. Supposedly there will be other Series 90 Platform based devices announced, which will then actually be for sale (eventually).

Regular Contributor
    Thank you Petrib for your advices.I really appreciate it.

Thank you Parisn also.However,it is not what I really want(for mobystar)