Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

sample code for MMS?

Hi, everyone, I am doing the MMS application for Series 60 platform, and using SDK v1.2. I know there is some sample codes for sending MMS messages.

Is there any sample code of receiving MMS? May I know where I could find it?
    Or if anyone has implementted some code to receive MMS? Could I learn from you?

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor
    What exactly do you mean by "sample code of receiving MMS"? Using the sample MMS for Nokia you can send MMS and see them in the emulator (the emulator will notify that a new MMS has arrived). Dio you want to make your listener for incomming mms?

Lucian

Regular Contributor

Receiving MMS

Hi,

I think receiving MMS-message is something a little bit more tricky than just receiving SMS. Are you interested to capture WAP Push notification, which tells about "the instructions" where the MMS-message is and other meta data or capturing the real MMS-message instead?

One developer said, that it is somehow protected so, that external applications are not able actually deal with MMS-messages, only "MMS viewer" and I didn't had opinion at that time, so I didn't investigate the whole issue. Was that comment valid or have you found some way to receive MMS-messages?

Best Regards,
    Hanttila

Regular Contributor

Re: sample code for MMS?

Can we stealthily listen to incoming MMSes. I can capture SMSes depending on my pattern string.

But since MMS are first received as a WAP push notifications and then the MMS is pulled from the server, will listening to the Messaging server alone solve my problem.

how do I such out the MMS from the message store.

Any pointers in this direction are highly appriciated.

Vink

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by anupamcins
    But since MMS are first received as a WAP push notifications and then the MMS is pulled from the server, will listening to the Messaging server alone solve my problem.
    In practice, the WAP Push notification appears in the Messaging Server (and in the file system), but it is going to be processed immediately. I was able to check the file via shutting down the phone while it was launching the GPRS to get the MMS. I do not know wether you can interrupt the download from software and process the stub manually.

Regular Contributor

How if I copy the necessary content of this MMS notification and delete it immediately before getting processed. The MMS notification must be containing a hyperlink for my MMS content on the server.

If that is the case, can I fetch my MMS through my program itself. I've heard that this data is somehow protected and is not accessible outside. what type of protection is this.

Vink

Regular Contributor

I have made an application that will scan the Inbox for my MMSes. I can read the messages and also the path of the attachments stored in the filesystem.
    The MMS attachments are stored somewhere in the "c://system/Mail" folder.

Vink

Regular Contributor

There's a MMS example in FN. It demonstrates sending and notifications of incoming (MMS) messages.