Discussion Board

can't open Nokia MMS Java Library

I can't run / open the Nokia MMS Java Library.

I have followed the instructions to the letter in the document: "Nokia MMS Java Library v1.1.pdf" all the way upto page 7 where i have set my CLASSPATH (environment variable) to the appropriate file: ("C:\EAIF\mmslibrarydir\mmslibrary\MMSLibrary.jar"). Then the instructions go on about descriptions of the classes.

so how do i open up / start the NOKIA MMS Java Library?

When i try to run the executable java file (MMSLibray) it says "failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from C:\EAIF..."

I have already downloaded the following files:
    Java 2 SDK Standard Edition (v1.4.2),
    MMS Java Library version,
    SampleMMS Creation,
    MMSC EAIF
    and series 60 content authoring sdk 1.0.6.

I have a Java Webstart (javaws) application which i can open but i can't compile a file in it (only open, edit and save).

please help.

sample MMScreation

hi

how did u download the sampleMMS creation.java file is it in the nokia forum, have u used the live MMSC to communicate from your appliction or is their any other method to send mms from pc to cellphone.

nokia mms java library/ executing program/running java files

hello,
    thanks for your response.

1.sampleMMS creation.java file is from the j2sdk1.4.2 downloadable file (from SUN, recommended by Nokia) in the 'EAIF' directory.

2. 'live MMSC...' if you mean the file in this directory: EAIF\mmslibrarydir\mmslibrary (an executable java file) - then this is when i get the area message:
    "failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from C:\EAIF..."

3. "..other method of sending mms from pc..." - don't know about that.

4. Or am i supposed to run the javaws file in this folder?:
    '\j2re1.4.2_05\javaws'?

[I have followed the instructions in the document: "Nokia MMS Java Library v1.1.pdf"
    I've donloaded the 'j2sdk1.4.2', but can't open any executable file to get the thing running.]

...anyone any ideas?

thanks,
    barnsley

Regarding MMSC

hi

thanx for ur reply. actually am developing an application for sending MMS through PC to cellphone , r u doing the same.
    Actually live MMSC is the server that directs the MMS mesg sent by our application(PC) to mobile phone.

but the problem is how to get connected to that MMSC, most probably we need an account with MMSC which is very expensive and not so easy to get, solution is to use NowSMS with GPRS modem.

if u know any other details please inform me

thanx in advance