Discussion Board

Thread: .mmp problem

.mmp problem

Hello,

I don't find anything in the documentations about the correct syntax of the epocheapsize option.
    For example if i write to my mmp file:

EPOCHEAPSIZE 1024 2048

What does this means? 1024 byte? 1024 KB or 1024MB?

Thanks, Egeri

What this directive does is tell the build tools the size range that the heap should be initialized to when the app is loaded.

If you use "EPOCHEAPSIZE 1024 2048", that would mean the minimum is 1024kb(1mb) and max is 2048kb(2mb).

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor
    I'm hacing problems with this EPOCHEAPSIZE stuff.

Due to some shoddy legacy code we need to alloc over a megabyte at times. And of course this blows our .exe's heap.

So I've tried using EOPCHEAPSIZE in the .mmp to set it to have a 16MB max. But it still crashed with out of memory as before.

So then I set the minimum to be 2MB, and once our exe was running, but before the big alloc, I checked with Switcher to see how much mem it was using, and it was 48KB as per usual.

Is there something special I have to do with this .mmp command, or can I just shove it in anywhere and it should work?

Cheers
    Russell

Regular Contributor
    Well a diff of the two versions shows that something in the .exe does change when I change the EPOCHEAPSIZE value... so not sure why it's not working.