Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

visual studio .net 2005

Hi.
    I'm trying to run the helloworldbasic with .net 2005. I have done every thing by the book ( or so I think ). The scripts build the soulotion under epoc32/....
    I opened that soulotion, and then, after build, I got the following:

Warning 1 warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:3'; ignored HELLOWORLDBASIC
    Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@) HELLOWORLDBASIC
    Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@) HELLOWORLDBASIC
    Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@) HELLOWORLDBASIC
    Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@) HELLOWORLDBASIC
    Error 7 fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460' HELLOWORLDBASIC
    Error 6 fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals HELLOWORLDBASIC

Any suggestions?

Thanks, nmnir.

Regular Contributor
    Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm kind of in the same place right now...

Super Contributor
    did u make sure that u r not referencing anything which u havent put in the defination..check the libraries..have u included them in yur project..??
    ciao

Regular Contributor
    Hi

I have successfully been using VC++ V6.0 and have just recently installed VC++ .NET 2005. My plan is to 'upgrade' from VC6 to 2005, but I need to get my build environment working otherwise I can't do the upgrade...

So to answer your question, there are no missing libs from my MMP file as this builds just fine on VC6, this is a .NET issue.

I am sure its something pretty simple ... (?)

Any help appreciated

-Mike

RTTI information

Just wait normal.
    In beta version is not allowed to remove RTTI option in VC++
    compiler.
    This warning you can see in compiler comments.