Discussion Board

Call key capture

Can we capture the call key (or send ke) event in Symbian Nokia 6600 phone?

I just want to make a very simple aplication where i divert all the calls to my landline no. thru DTMF tone dialing. So, whenever someone makes a call, my application should capture the phone number and dial my landline number and pass the caled number thru DTMF tones.

Can someone help me in this?

Thanks in advance,
    Sunil

Nokia Developer Moderator
    just check the corresponding key code and then add it to they keys your app waits in background.

Anyway, the feature doesn't really sound something I would like on my phone. Could you elaborate a bit more what is the purpose of this application. (othervise at least I wont give any more support for it)

yucca

Actualy i want to give phone to my office staff and route all the outbound calls via my office line. Very simple application, it'll start as soon as you power on your phone and just route all the outbound calls via office landline.

Hope it answers your question.

Sunil

Nokia Developer Moderator
    maybe it is easier to make an app that would do it. So to make the call your office staff would open special application, select the number and call with it.

Anyway, I haven't seen anybody really getting the DTMF working yet, but in case you have time, could you check if the 'w' character works. Basically it should tell the phone to wait untill previously given number have answered and then supply the remaining number as DTMF, been lazy to check it out thou, so not sure if it would work.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    But my DTMF worked... :)

Hello

Can u share some code how to detect the DTMF tones on series 60.

Regards
    Thomas

Re: Call key capture

Hi all,

I'm making an IVR application, so any calls to my NOKIA60 phone are answered by the IVR mode.

I tested it with ordinary home phone, it is okay...no problem at all....but when I tested it from NOKIA6670 and NOKIA6680, it doesn't work !!!!
    I'm using the GOERTZEL method -> record first, analyze and then decide which tone is pressed

Is key-pressing at house phone and NOKIA phone different?

thank you,

irma

Re: Call key capture

Quote Originally Posted by marycore
    But my DTMF worked... :)
    I´m intrested in this, is it possible to post some of the working code?

thx!
    S.