Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Problems with call hang up

Hello everyone,

I'm developing an application for a Series 60 devices (I use Nokia 6600 for test) that communicates using the data calls.

When I answer the phone call using the AnswerIncomingCall(...) function I can hang up that call using the HangUp(...) function.

But, when I want to make a call I can't use Dial(...) function (don't work on this phone) so I use AT commands. When I try to terminate that call with HangUp() function, I get the KErrNotReady error code. I think that is because HangUp() function terminates an active call established with the Dial(), Connect() or AnswerIncomingCall() functions.
    Then I tried to switch to command mode (+++) and to send ATH command to modem but that didn’t worked also.

Here is the code I tried:
    Code:
    _LIT8(atcommand, "+++");
    comm.Write(iStatus, atcommand);
    User::WaitForRequest(iStatus);

_LIT8(hangup8, "ATH\r\n");
    comm.Write(iStatus, hangup8);
    User::WaitForRequest(iStatus);
    I even tried to wait for 3 seconds after sending the "+++" command (to be sure that the modem is in command mode).

Am I doing something wrong or is there anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance,
    Sasa

Regular Contributor

Another try

I have found some undocumented stuff that can be a solution to my problem.
    Here is the code:

Code:
    RGsmCallGroup callGroup; 
    callGroup.Open(gsmphone, RGsmCallGroup::ECallGroupMain); 
    callGroup.HangUp();
    I had to copy gsmadv.lib and etelagsm.h files from some older SDK’s and my application compiles without any error.
    When I try to start the application, nothing happens.

Does anyone know if this functionality is still supported in Nokia 6600?

Thanks in advance,
    Sasa

Regular Contributor

Unable to switch to command mode

Because I can't hang-up using the "+++" and "ATH" commands from my source code, I tried next:

I connected one Nokia 7210 phone to PC (over the IrDA) and Nokia 6600 to other PC (over the Bluetooth).
    I started HyperTerminal on both devices and started new data call (ATDT…).
    I answered the call on the other side (ATA) and have sent some data.

When I sent “+++” and after that “ATH” command from Nokia 7210, the call was regularly closed. I tried the same think on the other side (sending commands from the other PC’s HyperTerminal to Nokia 6600) but the call wasn’t finished.
    When I send “+++” (to bring modem to command mode again) and after that “ATH” I get the “ATH” command on the other side (this happens only when I try this with Nokia 6600).
    So, my conclusion is that I can’t bring Nokia 6600’s modem to command mode.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

I would appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks in advance,
    Sasa

Regular Contributor
    I tried a few more situations and succeeded in hanging-up the call that was established with AT commands.
    I accidentally figured that I should wait between 5 and 10 seconds after I send the “+++” command to modem and before the modem goes to command mode.
    Now I can hang-up the call if I send the “+++” command, wait for about 10 seconds and than send the “ATH” command.

The problem I have now is that I would like to know when the phone is in command mode and not to wait all 10 seconds.
    There is a function “GetStatus” in RPhone class that should return the TStatus instance (contains all the data I need).
    So, the idea I have is to send the “+++” command and to start the timer that will check the phone status every second until the iMode becomes “EModeOnlineCommand”.
    I tried the GetStatus function and it works fine when I answer an incoming call using the ETel API but it always returns “EModeIdle” when the phone call was started sending the ATDT… command.

Is there any other way I can check the modem state (whether it is online or “online command”)?

I reed that it’s not possible to get the answer from the modem after sending an AT command. Is there any way I can get some answer from modem when I work with AT commands?

I would appreciate any help!