Discussion Board

Voice Recognition 6600: How to compare two AMR files?

We have recorded the word "ONE" ( real human voice) using AMR file format (size~ 1kb) and MMAPI with Nokia 6600.

We need to compare this file with a new one from another person. If two files are similars with 90% of accuracy, then we consider the second person is pronouncing the same word.

Can we do easily this type of comparisons in J2ME ? any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Fran

Recording AMR on Nokia 6600

Hi,

Looks like you are able to record voice on Nokia 6600 in AMR format. I tried to record it, but couldn't get success. I can record only in wav format. Can you please tell me how you were able to record in AMR format and is it possible to record in buffer (not file). When I do player= Manager.createPlayer("capture://audio?encoding=amr"), it records in GSM format (not AMR).

Anybody successful in recording on Nokia 6620 or Nokia 6630 in AMR or GSM format. They allow me only wav format recording.

You suggestion in this matter is appreciated.

Delip

Super Contributor
    Hi...

IMHO comparing the wav files could be done by opening the 2 wave files using stream and then compare the two streams.

regards
    Gopal

Re: Voice Recognition 6600: How to compare two AMR files?

Hi,

This is not a voice recognition utility, but still can compare two audio files:

http://www.sevana.fi/voice_quality_t...t_analysis.php