Discussion Board

Viewing Surname first in contact

I have just got a new 6230 and my contact list is viewing with first name first I want to view the contact with surname showing first any ideas. Ben

yes this is quite simple actually, might take you a while but it works....just "edit name" of the contact putting their surname first followed by their first name and then save

I also found this answer in the Nokia FAQ for the phone. I personally think that this is a real piece of impudence as I absolutely do not want to have to adapt my whole address book just for this simple feature. People also sync the address book with other devices like PDAs or have server-based address books provided by their company which would mean that they would have to manually copy over entries to their personal one an d change them.
    An option in the sync dialog to switch between last, first and first, last should be a matter of course for a mobile phone targeted to the business market as it is available for Siemens, Sony Ericsson etc.

This should be highlighted with product management, unfortunately I had not the feeling that the Nokia Careline is taking these "feature requests" (I'd personally prefer to call it bug) serious when I called about it myself.

I have found this app. on the pocket download site. Now, i dont know if you have access to a pc suite and a series 60 phone as well, but if you do you could transfer all your contacts onto the suite and then onto the series 60 phone. With this application you should then be able to "swap" the first and last names, and then move the contacts back on to your 6230. I know it sounds like a pain to move the contacts from phone to pc to phone and back again, but I think its better than having to spell out all the names again.

I hope it works out fine, let us know. (i have not used that application)

http://pocketdownload.com/v3/l/index...cat=153&id=528

Mike