Discussion Board

kernexec3 if buffer over 35k

hi,

i'm using an Asynchronous client server architecture to do xml data processing.
    Now i pass a message(RMessage) which is set to HBufC8
    and if the size of the buffer is over than 35k i get a server breakpoint(Kern exec 3)
    just after client SendAndReceive Method(RSessionBase),
    but if the size of the buffer is lower than 35k the server will receive,process it and
    everything work just fine.
    i have tried to enlarge the server maximum heap size and it doesn't work

any suggestions?

help...help....he...ll....p

Nokia Developer Moderator
    you could split the data into smaller than 35k pieces and send then one-by-one , and reconstruct the data then again in the server.

yucca

re:kernexec3

thanks for ur reply yucca,

it's an option to split the data into several pieces but i really curious why is it panicing the server since for client server data transfer,i only send a message containing a pointer to address space of the buffer...
    is there a limitation for transfering data using the inter-thread communication?
    hope to hear from u soon...

Nokia Developer Moderator
    hmmm. In case you client & server are running in different processes, your pointer approach doesn't work. Simply since the memory space seen in different processes is different.

Anyway, passing a pointer in same process should work and shouldn't require any data transfer (more than the 32 bit address value), since both client & server tread can use the same memory area..

So which way are you trying to do this ?

yucca

re:kernexec3

thanks yucca,

i think both my client and server are running in a samer thread, since it's works if the data isa below 35k...

it's really frustrating since it works if the data is limited...is there any data size limitation for client server architecture?