Discussion Board

Thread: 7610 and GDB

7610 and GDB

Is it possible to debug applications with GDB on 7610? Does 7610 even support that?

Nokia Developer Moderator
    I really can't give you 100% accurate answer, since my 7610 is one of the first batch prototypes, so could be very different with release versions.

Anyway with mine no target debugging options exist. The simple reason for this is that there is no serial port service available in it.

You could check if your 7610 supports serial port service and in case it does, you should be able to use target debugging.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    hello yucca

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "serial port service" and how does one check for its existence ?

I bought a 7610 in Nov04. This is the first symbian device i am working with. Which symbian device do you know that definitely supports the "serial port service" ?

thanx.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    basically I think it is BT service profile (or something), anyway my 3Com BT connection manager shows them in a list when I check service profiles for any available phone.

Anyway, I basically only tried the Borland target debugging with 3660 & 7610 and only got it working on 3660. Haven't got too much use for it lately, so haven't really needed to check any other phones.

yucca

Hi, I tried to debugg in my 7610 using gdb and usb cable but it doesn't work, the contents of log.txt is:

Cfg File read

PORT CURRENT PARAMETERS:
    Physical Device: EUART%%d
    Logical Device: ECOMM
    Csy Module: ECUART
    Unit Number: 0
    Rate: 115200

Error 6 while opening port:
    Open failed
    (epoc error is -1)
    Fatal Error

I disconnected the PC Suite before I began to debug.

where is the problem?

Thanks in advance

acar