Discussion Board

receiving a wap push message silently

Hi,

I want to receive wap push (SI) messages SILENTLY in my application.

I've looked into the following approaches:

(1) On a 6630 using the CMmsClientMtm I can get notified of wap push messages arriving in the inbox. I can retrieve the wap push url. However This approach is not silent - the phone makes a sound on wap push arrival and throws up a "new message" dialog.

(2) Reading SMS messages from a socket. I can use this approach to read SMS text messages. BUT not wap push messages. These arrive in the inbox and my application does not get notified. (see "http://www.symbian.com/developer/development/ syslibs.html" - "Easy API for sending and receiving SMS datagrams". for info on doing this)

(3) I've tried the CWapBoundCLPushService class. If I use the standard port number for WAP push (i.e. 2948), then the Connect method does not return, presumably because there is already some software on the phone listening on this port. I need to be able to read messages sent to the standard port.

Please help...

Nokia Developer Moderator
    AFAIK and by readinf multiple posts about receiving SMS messages etc silently, I think it can not really be done.

yucca

Regular Contributor

Re: receiving a wap push message silently

Hi! I'm trying to get info from a Service Indication push, but I'm not able to retrieve all the information I want. I get notified when a new SI message arrives to the phone, and then, I access it by the CSmsClientMtm, getting the TMsvEntry element, through wich I get the sender, name, etc... The problem, is that I can't get the url packaged in the message.
    Any idea?

Thnx!

Regular Contributor

hello... im making an application that listens to a wap push message...
    im using CWapBoundCLPushService class but it seems that i get a "feature not supported" error everytime i try to connect...

can u show me your source code on this one?

thanks

Regular Contributor

how did you get the url using CMMsclientmtm? any code snippets would be helpful thanks.

Super Contributor

Regular Contributor

"On a 6630 using the CMmsClientMtm I can get notified of wap push messages arriving in the inbox. I can retrieve the wap push url."

Regular Contributor

"On a 6630 using the CMmsClientMtm I can get notified of wap push messages arriving in the inbox. I can retrieve the wap push url."

Regular Contributor

hello,
    Can you Please post the code ..
    Thanks & Regards
    Dip
    diptenduster@gmail.com

Hi,

I am developing a symbian application which receives WAP Push messages.

Please provide me sample code, How can i do that?.

I am new symbian.

Regards
    Reddy

Unhappy Re: receiving a wap push message silently

So did anyone ever managed to intercept mms messages before the "New Message" notification is shown? I have access to all the APIs and can't find a single way to do it. SMS intercepting works fine with the socket approach. But MMS functionality seems not doable in any way. Is there some other secret API that can do this? Feature like that seems essential in any MMS filtering app that can be written and it is an odd thing that it would be missing from the phone's api.

Specifically I'm looking for a solution on the S60, 3rd Ed FP1.