Discussion Board

infrared raw/driver/hardware access?

Hello,

I've been looking for a way to create a kind of 'remote control' program, particularly for Series 60 Nokia 6600, albeit there is hardly any success yet. Series 60 SDK is pretty brief on infrared topic and as far as I understand those documented methods for infrared communication are alredy with some kind of protocol underneath. What about raw turning on and off thar IR LED?
    There is one product on market that does something similar - Psilocs Total irRemote (www.psiloc.com), so I tend to believe that it is possible...
    Anybody can help with documentation, links, hints? What I have missed?

Thanks in advance,

Gatis

Super Contributor
    Some time ago I heard someone from Psiloc (on Nokia's developer hub I guess) to talk about this application. And it is clear that there is no documentation, links or hints..:-( The guy said that they figured it out by trying and trying and trying various settings and "magic strings" to force the IrDA do what they wanted. So I guess you will have to test a lot, but in any case it is clear that without at least some starting information it is an formidable task... I think that you should start somewhere outside of Symbian world getting more information how IR works and then try to implement it on Nokia's phones. good luck...

Hello,

Im looking too for information about hardware access to IR LED.

I want to send bit with various period but i don't find an other way than send caracters string....

I have hear about psiloc solution and too that they have write a special driver for the IR led.Someone can affirm this hypothesis or the use of magic string?

If anyone have information please...

any idea?

Re: infrared raw/driver/hardware access?

Now I'm working to develop IR remote control on Series60 ,Have anyone solved this problem?It seem that Nokia Series 60 can't support SIR.

Old thread...

has anybody managed to work with raw infrared yet?

Regular Contributor

anybody hava idea?? I hava a solution "Total.irRemote1.41.sis" who can decode it .? and i find a sourcforge app,
    LIRC - Linux Infrared Remote Control , i don't know if PHone iR is same to IR of pc , If so ,we can find some idea from his code of linux .
    Last edited by wjcrr; 2007-09-16 at 17:00.

I am working on this project ... i got loads of documentation to start with... Yes, it is possible to develop a remote control app for certain versions of series 60 sdk.

Bondinit, what about for S60 3rd edition MR SDK (for OS v9.1) do you have the documentation to get raw IR access for that? Please enlighten us if you do....

Regular Contributor

maybe we only need to test the lirc code on phone ,I want to know how we can find if ir -have send something . and I didn't know how to bugger a soft on a phone .
    form http://newlc.com/topic-10757
    how display from the Ir send , of the begin and end of a fram ,C0 and C1, really we can only send fram begining with C0 and end with C1,, ?if so ,what it's in the IR output ?
    Last edited by wjcrr; 2007-10-05 at 20:59.