Discussion Board

Ethernet plugin for Series 60 and Windows NT 4

Hi!

I'm trying to get Ethernet plugin for Series 60 SDK 2.0 working in Windows NT 4.0 SP6a. Am I being overly ambitious? The release notes seem to want Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and many people seem to have trouble even with those systems. Anyway, the problem seems to be that the plugin cannot find my ethernet card. When I'm in plugin network setup and press the "adapter" button I get an error 203 saying "The system could not find the environment option that was entered." and there is no list of adapters, so I have to guess a number. After that the setup ends normally by the looks of it. When I test the connection using HTTP client example I get a Windows dialog box from the ethernet plugin saying "Error: 4 The system cannot open the file." and then on the emulator display: "Error: -44". -44 seems to mean hardware not available, so no ethernet card I guess.

I wonder if anybody knows a way to make the plugin to see my network card, or to guess the correct number in network setup.

To reply myself, I did not get the Ethernet plugin for Series 60 SDK 2.0 working. Instead, I downloaded "Ethernet Connection for the Symbian OS Emulator" from http://www.symbian.com/developer/downloads/tools.html and used series60_2.1_ethernetced.cfg of the sample configuration files. Even though I have series 60 2.0 it works, at least with the HTTP example client.