×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    emulated wap request doesn't reach the internet (anymore)

    Hi,
    I'm having some trouble with my Activ Server 2.1. I had everything configured just fine and I used the Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit on a different PC to access wap-sites over the Activ Server as a WAP-Gateway. I installed Activ Alert to test the Push connection to the emulator which worked just fine (and still does) but ever since I can't access any WAP pages anymore.
    The client request reaches the server but for some reason the server doesn't forward it to the internet. The client shows "Error: unknown service", the server doesn't show anything. When accessing the logfiles for all sent WAP requests the old ones (i.e. when the server was still working) always showed a positive number in the 3rd "processtime" argument (=Content fetching time). Now, that it's not working anymore, this argument is always 0.
    I have absolutely no idea what the problem is since I didn't change a thing (except to add a Push Subsystem which really shouldn't be the problem) I only know that the client-server communication is fine but the server-internet connection somehow doesn't work anymore.

    I really appreciate the help, any comment is welcome. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    51

    RE: emulated wap request doesn't reach the internet (anymore)

    Hello,
    questions:
    - are you still able to access default mappings with Toolkit? (e.g. http://yourdomain/)
    - did you change any servlets mappings?
    - could you turn log level to maximum (Debug-7) for all NACS components, clear all logs (or backup if you need them), restart NACS amd try to reach http://yourdomain/ first, then any site you were able to load before. Error.log and access.log would help to reveal any problems.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    RE: emulated wap request doesn't reach the internet (anymore)

    Hi,
    thanks for your answer but it's working again. I think (and I'm really not sure here) the trouble was with the Push Connector servlet. I de-installed Activ Alert, deleted the remaining Push files manually (then it worked again), re-installed Active Alert (didn't work again), deactivated the Push Connector servlet (worked again) and created/deleted (worked/didn't work again) the Push Connector a couple of times without doing anything else, really. Just deleting and re-creating the Push Connector until the Wap connection and the Push finally worked both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •