Discussion Board

How do I get Chinese language into my 6230?

Hi, just got my 6230 from Singapore recently. It was without Chinese language, so I am looking for ways to install Chinese into it. Please advise.

Also, can 6230 and 3120 use the same version PC suite? And can they both use DKU-2 connection cable? If not, why?

Super Contributor
    See http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite for the PC Suite compatibility table. The table lists which versions, cables, etc., work with which phone.

You can't change the language yourself, but if there is a Chinese language firmware for the 6230, the nearest Nokia service center should be able to flash your phone with such a firmware version.

petrib, thanks for replying. I can't find 3120 in the Compatibility Table eventhough this phone is being sold in S'pore. That's why I am not sure. I only found 3100 and 3200.

For 6230, I know I need PCSuite 6.1 and I have downloaded and installed that already.

As for Chinese language firmware, I was told by our local agent that they have the M'sian firmware while my phone is from S'pore, so they fear that there may be some incompatibilities (this I really don't understand) and claimed that there will be a 50/50 chance that my 6230 will be "dead" after flashing it.

Please advice. Thank you.