Discussion Board

Running .sis file from phone.

Hi! I have decided to start playing with symbian. I have downloaded Borland (free dev system), I've compiled a couple of the examples, run them in emulator, IR them to the phone, installed them...but here is the problem! how do I run them from the phone? They don't show up anywhere!

Nokia Developer Moderator
    they should appers in you messaging Inbox, just click them open with messaging app from there.

yucca

Thanks but...

Hi! The app installs fine, but when it is installet, where do I find it?

The same problem, SOS

I am using Metrowerks, and the same problems, everything looks fine, but I can´t see the application,

Thanks

Rafa

Nokia Developer Moderator
    ok, then you need to check that the application_name.app has same names .aif file as well as well as the folder where it is installed in under system/apps and has same name as the app file.

Then check the your aif and mmp files are defining same UID as well as that the application class will return this same UID when asked.

Also just to be sure check that you don't define application to be hidden in aif file and that your UID is uniques UID value reverved for your company use by symbian. And also check that there is only one app with that UID installed into the system (by having same UID in pkg, takes care of this automatically)

yucca