Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About 6230 Bt Problem

I lived the same problem. I wanted to connect to internet via my 6230 bt modem in dial-up networking, but after 1 minute telephone resets itself. Connection lost. I said this problem to my local nokia dealer and they said problem may be occupied from software. i updated version to 4.28 but nothing changed. With data cable, there is no problem. I think there's a bluetooth hardware problem in this phone, because i tried gprs bt connection with another manufacture phone. i saw that there is no problem. Nokia must inspect this problem.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    What is the Bluetooth solution you use on PC?

-seppo
    Forum Nokia

I think u understood wrong. I only changed phone.other hardware same. my configuration ibm tp r40,bt usb dongle class1
    that is all.when i used 6230, modem connection lost after 1 minute.this happened in gprs connection. but when i used another phone(not nokia) with the same configuration. there is no problem.thanks

6230 BT Fault

My 6230 (v04.28 24-06-04) has same BT problem during GPRS access, line drops before 1 minute.
    My laptop is an HP Compaq nc6600 BT integrated and works perfectly with other various BT phones.
    Moreover transferring via BT a file larger the 1Mb to the MMC or to the phone, the telphone reset itself without prompting PIN
    In other words BT is unusable with this SW version.
    Looking into some italian forum, it seems the problem is common to many other 6230 users.
    What about the new software release 4.43? Anyone knows if it solve this issue?

I'm very disapponted to have bought a 300€ phone and the
    bluetooth (the only real important difference between 6230 and 3200 (which costs around 150€)) cannot be used!
    Dear Nokia, did I waste 150€?

same problem

I have same problem with BT disconnect. I have Nokia 6230 with fw: 4.28, BT usb adapter MSI 6967 and notebook with Win XP+SP2. When I connect to internet with IR port, all it's ok, but when i try connect to internet by BT adapter, my connect loss about 1 minute - my tel. show BT disconnected. Where is problem? I try all things with settings and drivers, but no effect. My friends 6230 with fw:3.15 it's ok, no problem with disconnecting.

Thanks for soon reason...

I have got the same problem on v 3.17 so somthing happend from 3.15 to 3.17.

Any how If I knew it, I wouldn't waste 50$ for a BT adapter and I would get cable insteat.

Disconnect Problem also

My Nokia 6230, V03.17 and V04.16 also facing the same problem with BT connection, I manually do the connection on the BT Add Device Property and notice that when ever I select the Dial-up networking (DUN), first it was connected, inmediately after that it Disconected. So can any 1 please help me on this, I have try this on a few 6230, only 1 manage to get connected, the rest of the phone also have the same problem, those 6230 are my friends'.

Hope to receive reply soon.

27th October 2004

Malaysia

Hi friends again. I updated my firmware to 4.44 after that i was excited that that might be solved but unfortunately nothing changed. İ hope nokia will find a solution or i will change my phone.

Hi friends again. I updated my firmware to 4.44 after that i was excited that problem might be solved but unfortunately nothing changed. İ hope nokia will find a solution soon,if not i will change my phone.

BT Modem driver

Please check your BT-Modem Driver (for dial up network) if it is not Nokia as a driver for your Modem. Please change to Nokia BT-Modem Driver. Download Link:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,54003,00.html

Regards

thanks for ur advice but i already using the latest drivers of that phone.İ tried everything possible to solve,but i couldn't find a solution.Most of 6230 users are complainant of this problem.

service Orange

Nokia, where is problem with BT and N6230? Do you know some solution of this problem? My operator don't want change my phone for another one, because latest firmware dosn't solve this problem. Must i abort agreement with him and take another phone? Maybe some phone from another manufacturer?!

I also same problem. I gave up on BT and got a cable.

Change the phone? You wished.

My 6230 is still bouncing about....not bad buy a phone and keep reparing it.

At last i solved this problem by changing my phone to 6670. There is no problem in bt connection with dial-up networking. If u use dial-up connection, i advice u to change your phone with another model. At least i give guaranty for 6670.

Hahah Change phone...what a solution.

Besides which country Nokia allow you to change the phone and what reason you gave?