Discussion Board

CMdaAudioRecorderUtility Problem with Symbian OS 6.1 (N-Gage/3650)

I am working on Symbian Platform 6.1. I am using Symbian C++ APIs both for CodeWarrior(Series 60 SDK 1.2 for Symbian OS,

supporting Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Symbian OS) and Nokia(Series 60 1.2 SDK for Symbian OS, Nokia Edition) on different

PCs. APIs available at:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-4,00.html

Below given problem is same with both APIs.

I am trying to run my application on different devices i.e. N-Gage/3650/6600. Below given code is giving unexpected results.
    If I make a call to below given code with in the constructor just after creating an object for CMdaAudioRecorderUtility.
    It compiles and linked well and works fine on all devices.
    But if I create just an object for CMdaAudioRecorderUtility in constructor and write below given code in a public function

and make a call for that function from somewhere else it give unexpected result. Code get Compiled and linked cleanly with NO

ERROR. If I run my application over Nokia 6600 it works fine but if I run it over Nokia N-GAge/3650 while executing below

code application closes.

//-------------------------------

#ifdef __WINS__
    // on emulator, the sound files used by application are deployed onto c: drive
    _LIT(tFullPath,"C:\Symbian\Series60_1_2_CW\series60ex\\Sound\\wav");
    TParse parse;
    #else
    // on real phone, application can be installed to the memory card (non-"C:" drive),
    // this part of code evaluates current application path:
    CEikonEnv& ee = *CEikonEnv::Static(); // find the instance of EikonEnv
    CEikAppUi& ea = *(ee.EikAppUi()); // derive the instance of EikonAppUi

TFileName tAppFullName = ea.Application()->AppFullName(); // fetch the application full filename

TParse parse;
    parse.Set(tAppFullName, NULL, NULL); // form parse object containing full app name
    TFileName tFullPath = parse.DriveAndPath(); // get application path with drive letter
    #endif

parse.Set(tFullPath, &aFileName, NULL); // use tparse to get the full path to sound file

//parse.Set(aFileName,NULL, NULL); // use tparse to get the full path to sound file

TFileName tFullFileName = parse.FullName();

// Open an existing sample file for playback or recording,
    // causes MMdaObjectStateChangeObserver::MoscoStateChangeEvent to be called

iMdaAudioRecorderUtility->OpenFileL(tFullFileName);

//------------------------------
    Last edited by bajwa_78; 2004-09-29 at 10:57.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    you have to use SDK that is designed for Symbian OS 6.1 phone, when developing applications for 3X60, or N-Gage. So instead of using SDK 2.1, try using SDK 1.2.

yucca

I am using 1.2 APIs . This problem is with 1.2 APIs only.