Discussion Board

Phone App listed in TApaTaskList?

Q: Is the Phone App listed in the TApaTaskList-process list? I would like to directly address this system application, in order to evoke a restart of the phone app, since I do not want to make usage of the UserSvr::ResetMachine(EStartupWarmReset);.

In order to manually address and force a restart of the Phone App, however, I need to know whether it is listed at all in the TApaTaskList, and whether it is allowed from within an application to restart the phone app. Does anyone know? Thx a lot, guys!

Yes, it is. Though I use RDebug::Fault() for rebooting, and never had a problem with it.

phone app in the TApaTaskList

TApaTaskList does _not_ seem to return an entry containing the PhoneApp.

When I use TApaTaskList, I get the entry representing my application at the first index of the returned array, and then there are two entries with the Caption "MENU".

I assume none of these represent the Phone App, and I have the impression that the TApaTaskList shows active processes within my application, but not from the entire OS-scope.

Is there a distinction in TApaTaskList between addressing the current application´s scope [listing all processes within an app] and the scope of the OS [listing all currently running processes]? If so, how can I use TApaTaskList to return an Array holding _all_ currently running processes in Symbian, not only the processes inside my application scope?

Maybe you're correct, I recall having an issue with that.
    What it should work is getting all the window groups from the
    window server, and then using TApaTaskList to get the corresponding info.
    Check in RWsSession the method WindowGroupList(), then use
    CApaWindowGroupName to get the uid, and finally use FindApp()
    to get the info you need.
    If you have any problem let me know, I got this working some time ago.

Regards,
    David.-