Discussion Board

Where to find buildable GUI samples?

Hello, I am a newbie to this and wondering where I can find some buildable GUI Samples that are more sophisticated than HelloWorld?

so far I tried a few and they mostly use Techview stuff which wasn't actually supported within the publicly available SDKs.

I would like to have a buildable example, does anyone know what SDK and tool (IDE, etc.) do I need to use to build it?

many thanks

-mobigital

Nokia Developer Moderator
    have you checked the examples that comes with Series 60 SDK ?

They are most definetely buildable, and also documented, so read a bit of the SDK help and you'll get them right.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    Download SDK 1.2 and Try
    Easy to learn from Examples.

Vanakkam /

Rama

a lot of GUI samples that come with Series 60 SDK v2.0 and v2.1 do not build because they were designed to work with Symbian's demo platform - something about Techview(?)... here is the Readme file that comes with it:

"This folder contains sample source code for Symbian OS APIs, as delivered by Symbian.
    The examples have been written specifically for Techview, Symbian's demonstration UI,
    which is not compatible with Series 60 UI and it's components.
    As a result, they either do not compile or work correctly with Series 60 2.1 SDK.
    However, they provide a useful code resource and usage example for many essential APIs,
    and thus have been included in this SDK delivery."

If I use SDK v1.2 would I be limiting myself to fewer Series 60 devices than there are out there and coming out?

-mobigital

I just posted this to another discussion, but it actually also relates to this thread:

when building a helloworld from SDK2.1 in SDK1.2 I got these linking errors:

HELLOWORLD_APPUI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
    HELLOWORLD_APPVIEW.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
    HELLOWORLD_MAIN.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
    HELLOWORLD_APPUI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __except_list
    HELLOWORLD_APPVIEW.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __except_list
    HELLOWORLD_MAIN.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __except_list

does anyone know how to get these fixed?

any help will be appreciated.

Regular Contributor
    some of the LIB files are missing.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    or, it could be that the cpp file where the functions are implemented, is not included in the projects mmp file.

yucca