Discussion Board

Nokia 6230 and dialling numbers

When I dial numbers directly from the keypad I don't see the name of the person in the calling list, even though the name and number exists. When I choose the number from the phonebook everything is OK. I see that when I choose in the Call Settings Send My caller ID set by network everything is ok. So i left it like that and the problem is partially resolved. It seems when I want to hide my identity and call a number with #31# in front of the dialled number which is a code for Hide Identity the name from the phonebook isn't displayed. I've checked the same with the new firmware 4.43 and the problem still exists. Strangely enough when I try the same on an older Nokia 6100 everything works as it should, the name recognition is ok. Please guys at Nokia, what are you doing with the firmwares, can't you just copy the old stuff from the good phones and just add new features? It's a shame, I've got such a sophisticated phone with such a big number of bugs..... pity, even more because it's not a cheap phone.

hi

ok frst dit yours phone its from europe
    second put in menu to phone to phone see all number from phone and sim card
    trth if this dont sucses go to nokia asutorizered service its go to
    save all yours data and fix yours phone after its go back yours date
    with luck
    best regards arsenije

I don't think that it has anything to do with the phone being from europe.

About the phone seeing all the numbers from sim and phone it's not that problem. The problem doesn't exist when you set your phone to set it's caller id as it is set on the network, when you chhose something else (on, or off manually) or try to type the #31# or *31# to disable or enable caller id then this thing happens, and this happens on the newest software 4.43 so I don't understand what is wrong, can't nokia get it right, this firmware revision should be a revolution between 3.15 and to tell you the truth it isn't. It fixed some problems but made worse other.