Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Java 1.5 and SDK

I am using sdk 7.0s. I want to remove Java 1.4 and install java 1.5 will this break my installation of the sdk? How do I upgrade java 1.5 without breaking my sdk? I need some features 1.5.

Thanks,
    Erica

Super Contributor
    Hi,

You can basically run the Symbian tools with any version of Java. I use the following command to run SISAR and AIF Builder in Java 5 RC without any problems.

java -jar sisar.jar
    java -Djarfile=C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\Tools\aifbuilder\aifbuilder.jar -jar aifbuilder.jar

Antony

Regular Contributor
    thank you.

Thanks from me too! I am jsut getting started with the SDk and was having trouble getting the tools to start, this was the answer!!!

-John

aif builder on java 1.4.2

hi like so many others i've had a problem executing the AIF builder. I looked thru the forum and found out some solutions particularly the one below .

java -Djarfile=C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\Epoc32\tools\aifbuilder\aifbuilder.jar -jar aifbuilder.jar

But after executing it im encountering this errorrs.

C:\>java -Djarfile=C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\Epoc32\tools\aifbuilder\aifbuilder.jar -jar aifbuilder.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

please help me coz i need the AIF builder to import resources to my application. Thanks