Discussion Board

Thread: Help needed!

Help needed!

Im having some installation problems. I have looked for documentation and previous posts but cant resolve this.
    Basically I installed ActivePerl 5.6.1 and then installed the series 60 SDK ver 2.0 (for use with Microsoft Visual c++ .NET and c++ 6.0). I could open the emulator no problem but when I try to use AIF Builder or Sisar I was told I hadnt the right JRE version. So I removed my version and installed JRE v 1.4.1_02 (Which I managed to find in the Archives of the java.sun website). Now when I try to open Sisar of AIF builder I get the following.

Error attempting to read key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.4.1\JavaHome"

What should i do?
    I have very little experience with changing reg enteries etc

Does it matter what order I install everything. I.e. if i had JRE v 1.4.1_02 installed before I installed the SDK would it have been fine?
    I just dont know. Any help on this would really be appreciated

Problem solved

To anyone reading this experiencing the same difficulties try downloading and installing JRE 1.3.1. Everything seems to be working fine for me now.
    The page where i downloaded the sdk from (On forum.nokia) said i needed to have JRE 1.4.1_02 installed so ignore this.Its caused me 3hours of headaches. I havent tried to compile anything so do not know if i have the right build of ActivePerl aswell (from their recommendations).