Discussion Board

Hybrid View

get java working on 9210i

Hello,

I wrote a simple Hello World program, got in running in the emuluator (Symbian 6.0 SDK), but it does not run on the 9210i itself. I created the neccessary files with AIFBuilder, created a system/apps/Test directory, copied the files to this location (the jar file in the same directory, java command line "-cp test.jar Test"), and when I try to start this, it says "KERN-EXEC", error code 3.

What can this be?

Do i HAVE to use the .sis format for installation? According to the nokia SDK, no, I can install the files manually, which I did.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jan

It will also help if someone confirms that it is in general possible to run personal java applications on a 9210i.. and if you have to do some firmeware update or if this is possible "out of the box". Then at least I know that the problem is somewhere in my program or configuration files, and the 9210i pjava is generally working.

Thanks
    Jan

Nokia Developer Administrator
    I believe you do have to have a SIS file to install and run a PersonalJava application on the 9210 communicator.

The How to develop Java(TM) Applications for the Nokia 9210 Communicator document might help you out. It claims that you do need to install via a SIS file.

You will probably have better luck with support and development tools if you install MIDP Software for Nokia 9210 Communicator 1.0 Final. I was just about to post a notice about this forum being archived and replaced with a forum on the MIDP Personal Profile but I thought I'd give you a response first!

Cheers,

Ryan