Discussion Board

RE: Installing D211 on a Win CE 3.0 WebPad (StrongARM)

Hi I'm new to this newsgroup.
    I'm having the exact same problem installing the D211 on a Fugitsu Teampad 500 which has a MIPS processor. Its now the end of Jan 2003 and the latest release of the software that I have just downloaded is dated 12th June 2002 so Nokia have obviously not updated it. Has there been a fix that anyone knows about?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not a SW fix for the problems with your device. Nowadays the Windows CE devices differ so much (processors, memories, interfaces, included SW) from each other that it is quite difficult to ensure that the same drivers would work on every device. As Nokia D211 is primarily intented for laptop usage we have released Win CE 3.0 drivers only for a limited range of CE devices. The devices that we have tested are listed in the product pages at www.nokia.com. That is why we advice to ensure interoperability with other devices than listed with Nokia dealer before making a purchase decision.

However, users familiar with their devices have reported successes with many kinds of CE devices and Nokia D211. Maybe other developers in this board would like to share their knowledge if they have ideas how to get the combination to work?

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support

Installing D211 on a Win CE 3.0 WebPad (StrongARM)

Installing D211 on a Win CE 3.0 (build 126) WebPad (StrongARM). Installation seems to complete smoothly and System Info in the Control Panel shows a Nokia D211 in PCCard Expansion slot. But D211 UI Configurator program doesn't start. Error Message says that "D211UI.exe or related file cannot be found ..." while the file D211UI.EXE is correctly in the Windows Directory where the Nokia shortcut in the Start menu is pointing to ...

Nokia Support and documentation for Win CE seems very poor for the time being. Any idea/suggestions?

Ruggero

Regular Contributor

Hi,

If the .exe file is not found by the application, there is few reasons that could cause this. The file could be in wrong location, or the file is corrupted. In both cases reinstalling the software could solve the problem.

Best regards,

Marko Tuukkanen
    Forum Nokia

Hello,

I had the same problem when installing the drivers to a WinCE 3.0 device which is not a PocketPC but rather a PalmsizePC (with CE 3.0). The problem is that this particular CE machine doesn't have the aygshell.dll installed that the driver or some of the executables need. I got through by manually installing the HandheldPC version of the driver. But this results in problems with the interactive tools because their dialog windows are designed for much wider screens than my CE machine actually has (PalmsizePC v. HandheldPC).

Richard V.