Discussion Board

Screen dimming timer on 6010?

For the most part, I'm enjoying my 6010. However, even after repeatedly checking the manual, I'm having an annoying issue with my screen dimming. I'm hoping someone here can help.

The screen quickly dims after approximately 10 seconds.

I might be right in the middle of looking for something, checking a number, etc., and the screen is gone. To "reactivate" the screen often changes the function or sends me back to square one at the main screen. It's frustrating enough to make me rethink my choice in the 6010.

How can this be changed to extend the time before the screen dims?

Many thanks.

Regular Contributor
    Are you sure that's actually a real feature of the phone? Sounds kind of strange. Perhaps you should ask your local dealer about that and if it is not supposed to function that way then request them to check it out. Alternatively I suppose you could use this way : http://www.nokiausa.com/support/repa...,2846,,00.html

Ugh. I come to find that "that's a standard feature of that phone that's hard-coded and can't be changed."

Geez, would it really cost more than, say, 50¢ to give the end user a choice in the matter. Well, I'll have to make sure my next phone doesn't have that, even if it's not a Nokia. It's those little features or options that are sometimes taken for granted that manufacturers overlook.

Regular Contributor
    I'm with you... I have had great many Nokia devices but never one with such a feature. That's why I doubted it, sorry. I would just try to over come such annoyning feature by either modifying the keyboard configuration (I don't know if it is possible with 6010) or figuring out a key to press, which does not have any effect to the on-going activities on the screen.