Discussion Board

Installation problem for version 2.8

Hi,
    I downloaded Codewarrior versions from Forum Nokia and tried to install those. I tried both personal and professional versions on Windows 2000 and Windows XP platforms. All installation attempts failed because installer couldn't find layout.bin file. Any ideas what might be wrong and/or how to fix this?

Can you post the exact error message? Do you have administrative privy? Do you have plenty of hard disk space to extract the installer, say 500 megs free space?

Cheers,
    Tim

The situation is that the installer opens a dialog asking me to select the directory where layout.bin file can be found. It appears that there is no such file in CW temp directory (which the installer has created).

I am logged in as user with administrator rights, but not as user "Administrator". Disk space is not a problem, there are >10GB free disk space in both machines available.

I had this same problem and found the solution from InstallShield support web page. See: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108192

So you have to give options "-a -deleter" to the installer.

Thanks, now installer works OK.