I seem to be having a problem with MAKING data calls using Series 60 DP 2 SDK on Nokia 6600 (and seems like Nokia 7610 as well).
The symptoms I observe are prerry much identical to those described by hsagovac in his post from 2003-12-16 12:51 in the following thread :
I.e. after setting up telephony, finding the line that supports KCapsData (happens to be line 2), opening the line, calling RCall::OpenNewCall(), and then finally calling RCall:ial(), my status gets set to KErrArgument (-6). If I perform an IDENTICAL sequence of calls but for a line that supports KCapsVoice (line 0) instead, the dialing proceeds with NO problems.
On one hand, according to "Developer Platform 2.0 Known Issues" document, Issue 5.2 : "Rcall:ial()fails if data line is used." on "Series 60 Developer Platform 2.0,Nokia 6600,version 3.42.1". But my phone is v4.09.1, NOT v3.42.1.
On the other hand, I know that CoMoBi v3.0 by WebGate ( http://comobi.webgate.bg ) IS capable of performing data calls on Nokia 6600.
As a side note, while running my reduced test case on a Nokia 7610 I encountered the same problem - RCall:ial() fails with KErrArgument status code, for DATA CALLS ONLY.
So, to sum up :
* Did anyone else succeed MAKING data calls (CSD) on Nokia 6600 v4.09.1 or above?
* If someone else DID succeed in doing so, could s/he enlighten me how s/he did it? Is there anything special that needs to be done to open data calls that is NOT reflected in Series 60 DP 2 documentation?
* Does the data call issue as described in the current Errata document affect other versions of Nokia 6600 phone FW and if so, how come the Errata document was not update to reflect this?
* Does the data call issue as described in the current Errata document affect Nokia 7610 and if so, how come the Errata document was not update to reflect this?
* Are there ANY Series 60 DP2 phones that do support making data calls?
Thanks in advance for your time.