Discussion Board

A problem with Nokia Series 60 AppWizard 1.9 for VC++

hi
    I have installed Nokia SDK Series 60 v1.x and the ActivePerl and Microsoft Visual C++. I was successful to run a HellowWorld example found in this SDK using the tutorial in this link http://newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=148

I tried then to use the ApplicationWizard that links between the SDK and MS VC++. I followed the instruction was found in the C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Series60Tools\applicationwizard\wizard_installation.txt and i was succeeded. I opened VC++ and made a new project and choose Nokia series 60 App Wizar 1.9 and made everything. But when i click on Finish, the program freezes and nothing happens.

so, do u know the solution for that
    Last edited by moramlik; 2004-11-24 at 14:52.

Super Contributor
    Yeah, it is a problem that was answered several times in this forum. Please, try to find an answer here.

As far as I know it usually creates all the files, but there is a problem with creating workspace. So you have to do it from command line like this:
    go to YourProject\group\ directory and run these:

bldmake bldfiles
    abld makefile vc6

it will create workspace somewhere in epoc32\build\YourProject\ directories from which you can open it in Visual studio...

the issue is much simplar

the problem was finally solved. one of my friends noticed that when i try to make a new projec using Noki App wizard in VC++, i used to creat that in the default directory which was C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects. the problem is this location has spaced in it and therefor it causes troubles when making a new project.

the best thing is just to choose another folder like C:\Examples
    and put all your stuff there

FINALLY, the problem was solved