Discussion Board

FWD RWD AUDIO OUT 6230 Media Player

FAST FORWARD, REWIND, INTERUPTIONS, AUDIO OUT

I have copied 17 full length holiwood films to a 1gb MMC card on my Nokia 6230. They play great.

However,

1) The Media Player has no Fast Forward funtion
    2) The Media Player has no Rewind funtion
    3) If anyone Texts or phones me etc, the film stops and I am forced to start watching it again from the beginning with no option to FFW or REW

Q1) Are Nokia working on adding these vital functions to Media Player? if yes, when do you expect to release them?
    Q2) Is there any 3rd party software that can play short videos to long films that has FFW & REW amongst other important functions?
    Q3) Can I set the phone so it does not stop playing video when someone phones, texts etc me? - I seem to be able to play MP3 and still receive/make calls etc - the MP3 just continues to play in the background

Also,
    I can store all my CD/MP3 collection on my 6230 and they play wonderfully over the headphones - just as good a quality and my old MP3 player. However, there is no AUDIO OUT to connect to better headphones or my music system (amplifier & speakers)

Q4) Does anyone do an adapter that connects to a 6230 Pop Port and provides stereo/mono AUDIO OUT for such purposes?

Thanks
    Andrew
    Last edited by agoff; 2004-11-23 at 14:32.

Regular Contributor
    doubt they are going to have a fast forward and rewind function on the 6230. I found this to be annoying as well, cuz i also have movies on mine. Just hope no one calls while you're watching it. haha!

As for your question in regards with an adaptor...they do make one. So far, I have seen two differnet adaptors, each one running around 20 bucks. One for a 3.5 mm jack, and one for a 2.5 mm jack. I'm sure you could run normal headphones into those and get the same quality.

I guess theoretically you could plug in self-amplified speakers and run music into those as well...haven't bought the adaptors yet though, but prolly will in the near future. Look on ebay. That's where I saw those two.

may i ask what brand name 1 gig mmc card you have? how or what format did you use to put the movies on the card? thank you!

Regular Contributor
    I have an ATP 1 GB MMC card.

As far as the method I use to convert, I use the nokia multimedia converter. Then i typically use a data cable to transfer, using Nokia PC Suite.

Hope that helps!

I heard that many times phone hangs when insrting mmc greater than 256

Hi,
    I heard that phone sometimes hangs when inserting mmc card greater than 256 is it true or rumours

Please Help
    Thanks for reading

Feature films with no problems? Others have mentioned extreme audio sync problems with long files. Althought the speed of a 32MB MMC should not be the issue, since you guys are not having a problem I am starting to think that IS the problem. Would one of you mind doing an hour encode and putting it on your large MMCs and also the 32MB card that came with the Nokia 6230. It would be good to track this problem down.

Also, would you list your bitrates for both the H.263 video and AMR audio? Thanks. Of course if you have had sync problems and have solved them, would you mind posting your experiences? THANKS!

As far as the lack of navigation, I was breaking up files into five to ten minute files. This would really work well if there was a playlist the media player could use to play the clips automatically. This works in on the desktop with a text file called "NPL" but I can't find a way to make this work on the phone. Any thoughts?

Also, Nokia engineers don't seem to post here at all. Any ideas on getting access to Nokia staff? I am a commercial content provider and would like to try to offer my material for this phone - but not at the low quality I have been getting.