Discussion Board

7610 In Flight Mode?

Having a quick browse of these forums I get the impression that having an in flight mode is a very desirable feature.
    Was a bit suprised to see the new 6670 (business phone) does not list in flight mode as a feature either?
    Whats going on Nokia? Not listening to your customers?
    Or I am missing something and this is actually possible?
    Programmatically?
    By use of a "dummy sim"? I would think the likes of an unactivated or expired (spent) sim would not qualify as such sims usually allow you to dial emergency numbers which would imply connectivity still which is not what you want while flying.

It would be appreciated if someone could provide a definitive answer on this topic?

Regards,
    Nick.

Super Contributor
    It has been addressed in a newer release of the Series 60 Platform. Older phones are not upgradable, but the 6630 is the first one that'll have it and if will support flight mode (offline mode).

The original N-Gage had it too, but it was a unique solution.

And, unfortunately, there are no upgrades for phones based on older Series 60 releases to get this feature. For that, try the System Tools app from Psiloc: http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?id=161

So I take the 7610 is an old phone then? And not upgradable?
    Crikey it only hit the shelves here (in Melb, Aus) 2 months ago?!
    Thanks petrib.

Super Contributor
    No, it is not an old phone, but the feature you want is in a Series 60 release which is newer than what that model is based on.